<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 27, 2004

Dragging through the day...And, strike rumors... 
Work has really been dragging by today. I can't wait to take off and visit Stanford. Having lunch with Chuck yesterday got me really excited about seeing the school. In a way I would like them to make my decision easy, though. If Stanford doesn't blow me away then I can just go to HBS and be happy. For some reason I don't think it's going to be that easy.

One big unknown coming up is a potential strike by the Union where I work. If that happens, I will have to start working 12 hour days, 7 days a week until the strike is over, which could be several months. The latest rumors going around the office are that negotiations are not going well and the strike may well happen. We will know a lot more in the next week or so, since the Union has agreed to notify the company 30 days in advance of a strike (in exchange for health benefits during the strike). On the one hand I could use the potential extra cash that a strike would bring. On the other hand, I really don't want to work that much. It sure would make those month before b-school pass quickly, though...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory