<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 02, 2004

I posted laptop questions on the HBS and Stanford admitted students message boards and got the following information:
HBS - Students use laptops pretty much all day every day. Not a whole lot of processing power is needed, 95% of the time you will be using internet explorer or Microsoft Office. Also, HBS publishes two levels of requirements, minimum and recommended, and apparently the minimum are sufficient for almost all applications.
Stanford - Students rarely use laptops in class, and aside from the benefit of the campus-wide wireless network, you don't really need one. There are plenty of computer labs on campus and in Schwab, so even bringing a desktop PC for home would likely be sufficient.

So, if I wind up at HBS I think I will go with a 5 lbs thin and light laptop, probably an IBM. If I go to Stanford I may just stick with my current PC.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory