<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Intro
Hello everyone! I’m so excited to share my 2+ adventurous years as a proud MBA “Partner” with you (friends, family, strangers). This is my very first post on the blog. I know some of you have been waiting anxiously for my remarks about everything that’s happening, sorry for the delay…but here I begin…
My thoughts on Harvard admit weekend
As you all know already, Mark and I visited Harvard over the past weekend. I was very impressed with everything, the people, the facilities, the resources, absolutely everything. From a partner’s stand point, this was a successful trip. They did a really great job selling me. I’m really starting to LOVE Harvard. The most important thing I wanted to get out of the admit weekend is to see how welcoming is the school towards the partners, and they were, they made me feel very much like a part of the HBS community. Just like the admits, we had a custom made schedule just for us. Even though they had separate activities planned for the partners, we were still welcome to attend any of the admit activities, including the class visit, which was what I was most looking forward to. I thoroughly enjoyed the class visit; it was very energetic and stimulating.
There was one annoying thing about the weekend: at the beginning of every function there were standing ovations for the admits along with a congratulatory speech reassuring the admits that they are the smartest people in the world. By the end of the 1st day, it was getting really old. Maybe I was just feeling jealous and insecure…
Selfish reasons why I want my husband to go to Harvard
The brand: How great is it for me to tell all my family and friends that my husband goes to Harvard Business School, especially since the majority of my family are in China. Everyone in China knows Harvard, even my almost 90 years-old grandma.
Boston: I have always wanted to live in the Northeast for a short period, and here is my chance.

Ok, I have to start cooking dinner now….later
Jie

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory