<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Finally... 
Well, I finally got ahold of or left messages for Derrick, Mike, Paul, Stephen, Jim, and Marc. In other words, all of the people who helped me get to know what Stanford is all about. I wanted to let them all know my decision before I put it up here. Although I really hated to do it, I had to turn down Stanford. When it came down to it Harvard is just the better fit for Jie and me. Boston is very different from Texas whereas California is not such a big change. Other than that, the schools are more or less a straight up draw. I think the alumni network at HBS will be slightly stronger, and the international reputation is also a little better than that of Stanford.

When it all comes down to it, though, they are basically even. It comes down to personal fit. The aspects of Stanford that really differentiate it from Harvard aren't high on my priority list. On the other hand, several aspects of Harvard really drew me in. They are both incredible programs, I am really grateful to be admitted to both, but I am very sure that HBS is the program for me.

I would like to think that I have formed some relationships with Stanford people that will last. They are great people, and I have really cherished the opportunity to get to know them.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory