<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 22, 2004

Freedom 
I had my meeting with the Stanford alum this morning. It was a very interesting conversation, and he brought up a good point. He felt that Stanford was a school that gave him the tools he needed along with the freedom to learn them the way he wanted to. There weren’t a lot of restrictions on how he could spend his time. At HBS, on the other hand, he felt that you were more forced into doing everything a certain way and you really didn’t have the same freedom to make your own path. I can see how that aspect of Stanford would be very appealing to me, since I really enjoy doing things my own way.

On the other hand, every time someone highlights a neat feature of Stanford I find myself thinking: “Yes, that’s all well and good, but I really want to go to Harvard!”

Is that a good enough reason to go to a school, just cause I want to?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory