<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 25, 2004

HBS Alumni, and good news at work 
Well, today I was contacted by HBS with the name of a local HBS alumnus (I finally looked it up, and alumnus is singular, alumni is plural, and alum is a double sulfate of aluminum). I also made contact with another local alumnus via a family member. I am hoping to talk to one tomorrow and the other on Monday. The second guy I spoke with asked me when I needed to give my final decision and I told him Monday. He responded that I should sign on the dotted line now and he will really get me excited about it later... He said it with such enthusiasm that I found it pretty funny. Unfortunately, I was in the middle of a staff meeting and couldn't talk any longer.

I found the guy HBS arranged for me to talk with on the internet after I got home from work and was shocked at how highly placed he is. Very impressive.

Today at work I was told that I wouldn't be given a leave of absence. In a way, this is probably a blessing in disguise. I will be able to roll over my 401k immediately, and I will not have to go through the guilt of telling them that I don't want to intern with them after all. I really like the company, and I definitely want to pursue them upon graduation, but this will really be best for me in the long run.

The question now becomes: When to leave? It is a balancing act between the desire to keep pulling a paycheck and the urge to spend a lot of time doing nothing before school. At the very least I have to stay until early July, but beyond that is up to me. I would like to spend two weeks at the lake, and we may go visit some of Jie's family in Australia, but no big plans other than that. Any fabulous summer plans out there?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory