<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

HBS Alumnus 
Yesterday I met with the HBS alumnus that I was referred to by a relative. He is an investment banker, and was Class of 2000. Things haven’t quite worked out the way he thought they would when he graduated, but he was very happy with his HBS education nonetheless. He kept a lot his old HBS cases in his office, and spoke very highly of that method of instruction in general.

He was a mechanical engineer by education, like yours truly, and found the transition to business school to be challenging but manageable. He had to work hard in his finance classes, but never made any 3’s, so it wasn’t too bad. In fact, he ended up concentrating in finance. I asked about the difficulty in getting finance internship interviews with an engineering background and he said it was challenging, but he still had 6 interviews, so it wasn’t impossible. Oh yeah, he said Hell Week really is Hell, but only if you are going the I-banking or Consulting route, because those companies really focus on that week whereas other industries tend to spread it out more.

Overall it was a good experience, and I’m glad I had the opportunity to do it, even if it was post-decision. Everyone I have spoken with from HBS has been extremely nice, and I am really, really excited about getting up there in August. It can’t come soon enough.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory