<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Nothing new 
Nothing new to report today, really. I had a nice conversation with my director about when I will be leaving and what school I plan on attending. Absent an act of congress or freak event, I told him, I will be at HBS in the fall. I really do believe that. If nothing else, I am about the biggest cheapskate you will ever meet, and giving up $1000 is not something I take lightly.

I really enjoyed Naveen's post about saving money. Most Americans spend too much time consuming, and thinking about what they will purchase next or how to keep up with the Jones', and we don't save enough for our future retirement. I would say that the two biggest internal crises we face as a nation are our health insurance situation and our retirement savings. The baby boomer generation as a whole has not saved enough to retire in the lifestyle to which they are accustomed. And a wake-up call: neither has ours. Oh, and we have to pay for the baby boomers too. Ugh.

This subject is too deep to completely explore in one post (or even one blog), but it's something to think about. We should all strive to live below our means and save towards our future.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory