<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 06, 2004

The program 
I'm in one of those management rotation programs at work. There are two levels, a national program and a regional one, and I am in the regional program. It is kind of a joke compared to the larger program, they haven't hired anyone into it in a few years and they hardly ever communicate with us. Oh well, it served its purpose. In any event, we are coming up on the next opportunity for rotations, so I e-mailed the program leadership today to let them know that I will be leaving in July for Harvard. I haven't received a response yet, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that they announce my move to the rest of the program in a way that somehow takes credit for it. Oh well.

After I leave, the original group of 27 people will be down to 14. People have left for all sorts of positions, both inside and outside of the company, but generally for one common reason: the program has been a sham. I think the takeaway for me from this whole experience is that you largely get out of something what you put into it. This has been a below-expectations job in an industry that has suffered worse than probably any other since I began working. Despite all that, though, I wouldn't go back and change my decision. I have met too many great people and learned too much.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory