<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 28, 2004

When Genius Failed, and lake pics 
I finished When Genius Failed last week. It was pretty good, but it didn't really live up to Barbarians at the Gate. There were two reasons why I didn't like it as much. First, it wasn't nearly as in depth. That isn't the fault of the author, his subject matter just wasn't as cooperative. The other feature I could have done without was the considerable editorializing that the Lowenstein did. He passed judgment and made definitive statements about the policies of Greenspan, Meriwether, and others. Although Lowenstein is a knowledgeable guy, I don't think he really has the qualifications to make these comments. Of course, it's his book and he can do what he wants, I just found Burrough and Helyar's fly-on-the-wall style a lot more pleasant to read. I just started Against the Gods, so far it is a drier read than my recent books, but I am only 15 pages in so we'll see.

Spent the weekend at the lake for the third consecutive time, but this time we had a whole group up there. Highlights included sailing, washers, kick-ass burgers, and heavy drinking. I think a good time was had by all. All of the pictures are on smugmug, so check them out.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory