<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Another one bites the dust 
Well, I just finished The Sparrow. It was very impressive all the way through. There is a sequel, Children of God but I've heard that it's not as good and I've made the mistake before of reading the also-ran sequel to a classic, and I don't feel like repeating it...again. At its heart, The Sparrow is about a man having a crises of faith. Even for a non-believer like myself, or perhaps because of it, the book held my attention and got me thinking.

I mentioned earlier that the main character suffered from severe trauma. He had been put through an emotional and physical ordeal (I'm trying not to give anything away), and you wonder through the novel what could happen that is so terrible to reduce such a vibrant character to such a mess. Then you read about it and you understand. I would recommend the book to anyone, but it's certainly not a casual read.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory