<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 04, 2004

April 3rd came and went... 
...and still no strike. On the surface this sounds like good news, but for me, personally, it really isn't. The problem is that I can't make any plans whatsoever until the strike either happens or it doesn't. The company and Union agreed that the Union will give 30 days notice before a strike. Once that notice is given, we will start an intensive training process to bring managers up to speed and that means no vacations. So, I can't make any vacation plans because the Union could announce a strike, and once that happens it will be at least 2 months before I can go anywhere (30 days notice and I am assuming at least a month long strike). The best thing for me would be for the company and Union to announce a strike or a settlement tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath...

Against the Gods has really turned into a fascinating read. Keynesian economics, game theory, Markowitz Portfolio theory, it's all very interesting. I may try and put up a full review after I finish it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory