<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 16, 2004

Bartleby.com 
Today I was searching online to find Elements of Style, so I could finally get the definitive word on a grammar question I've had since writing application essays. I stumbled upon Bartleby.com, and found it to be a really, really cool website. They have a ton of classics published online that are all free. Encyclopedias, Dictionarys, the World Factbook, Poe, Shakespeare, Whitman, etc. Anyway, check it out, it's very cool.

And if you're wondering, this is what Elements taught me:
It's Les's cup. - Correct; It's Les' cup. - Incorrect
There is an exception, though, for historical figures:
It's Achilles' cup. - Correct; It's Achilles's cup. - Incorrect

That concludes the grammar lesson for today. ;)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory