Saturday, April 10, 2004

No News 
Well, I recovered from my bout with allergies. I don't think there is anything that 30 mL of Nyquil and 12 hours of sleep can't cure. I was really worried that it would turn into a full-blown cold, with associated down time, cause work stoppage preparations at work are getting ramped up and the next four weeks are going to be very interesting. I really hope the company and union get it worked out, that would be best for everybody, but it will be good experience if there is a strike.

Not much happening on the b-school front. I am working on getting all the paperwork together for immunizations, Shad consent form, etc. It's not due until 7/1, but I'd like to get it out of the way.

I'm also pondering what day I would like to quit working. July 9th is the day I vest my 401k matching, so I need to stay on the payroll until then. I do have 12 days of vacation stockpiled, and I can also take up to 30 calendar days unpaid without pushing out my vesting date, so I have some options. If there is a lengthy strike, though, I would have to work right up until July 9th, since the company will not allow vacation or unpaid time during a work stoppage. I guess we'll see...

You know, at each stage of the process I have said: well, after this then I'll know what's going to happen. First it was after January 21st. Then, I got into two schools and I had to choose, so then I set myself a deadline of early-March to decide. That passed, and I thought I made a decision, but then more uncertainty. Then I thought I would know after March 30th. And I did. But then on April 7th the Union sends its letter and it's back to more uncertainty. Well, it does beat boring predictability...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory