<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 22, 2004

A birthday to remember 
Well, two days down, and (hopefully) only two days to go. It has been a unique experience, and I am glad that I have had the opportunity. Of course, it is unfortunate that it comes at the expense of my technicians, and I hope that the Union and company reach a fair agreement.

Some of the highlights thus far: Two nice conversations with strikers that I know as I was leaving each day, along with being yelled at this morning by a striker I don't know. I have received a couple of prank calls a day at work, presumably from strikers, but for the most part it hasn't been a problem. There is a great camaraderie between managers right now. I routinely get calls or make calls where one or more of the people on the line really don't know what they're doing. Everyone is very patient and it is clear that in other locations, as well as ours, people have the technical support they need to get the job done. I am really proud of the way our management team has come together.

My favorite part so far was when I was online with another company employee and the tester at one of our customers. Someone listening in randomly would probably have thought that the company employees were the regulars and the other guy was a replacement worker. By and large we are really on the ball.

After work Jie and I went to get sushi for dinner at Miyako. It was pretty good, and a nice end to a busy day. Now I have to get up at 6am tomorrow and start all over...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory