<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Wheels within wheels, Rollovers, a free Palm, and thanks 
More bad news on the work front, the Union can start striking as early as noon tomorrow. If that happens, it will mean the start of 12 hour days, 7 days a week for yours truly. Yes, I will get to live like an investment banker. Well, more like a slacker i-banker, I hear the big boys work more than that. It's too bad, cause Jie and I had a lake weekend with her parents planned for this weekend, since her mother's birthday is Thursday and mine is Saturday. There's still hope for a settlement, but I think it's fading fast...

Brad mentioned at dinner the other night that he heard that it was much easier and faster to roll over one's 401k if you cashed out of all your funds and put everything in a money market account before the rollover was to take place. This sounds logical enough, but for the life of me I couldn't find a second opinion online anywhere. Nothing on Motley Fool, Vanguard (where I plan on rolling our 401k's), or google. So, if anyone has a reference on this I would appreciate it. And Brad, it's not that I don't believe you, I just can't believe that there isn't more advice out there on this topic.

I was checking the news for SBC today on Yahoo! Finance when I noticed an intriguing ad for Ameritrade. If you open an account with them with at least $10k and keep it open for 6 months you get a free Palm Tungsten T3. An interesting offer, I think I might see if I can swing that...

Special thanks to Romain, who was looking for someone to put down as a referral for smugmug and found this blog through google. I know that the referral reward will come in handy next year when renewing my smugmug subscription may force me to eat ramen noodles for lunch for a month... ;)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory