<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Work Stoppage, and vaccinations 
Leaving work today was kind of strange. The Union is going out on a four-day mini-strike tonight at midnight, but in reality no one really expects it to be that short. I walked around the center and casually told all my techs that I would see them later. I am pretty confident that whatever happens will be over long before June 30 rolls around, but you never know. Tomorrow will be interesting.

I finally got my vaccination record from UT today. The first time they sent it the post office sent it back saying that it wasn't a valid address. It's not the first time that kind of BS has occurred with the USPS. Anyway, I asked UT to send it again and this time it takes a week to get here. From Austin. Yes, 7 days. It's irritating.

Even more irritating is the fact that I need a Tetanus booster. While I am at it I am going to go ahead and get started on the hepatitis B vaccination, since it will be required at HBS in 2005. Who knows when I will be able to make it to the doctor to get this taken care of...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory