<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Getting Ready 
Today I had to work a half day, so I spent most of the time in the office cleaning out my cubicle. I would say I am 90% ready to go at work, with almost all of my personal things removed. I understand that I am jumping the gun a little, but man am I excited to quit. I also e-mailed the other people in my program and notified them that the 24th would be my last day. Two of them happened to be working and they IM'ed me immediately. Everyone is sick of the program and ready to move on. I have to admit that I am grateful to the program for giving me the experience I needed to get into HBS, but I really wish they had executed a little better.

Then I came home and started cleaning out the computer nook that has been my CFA/GMAT/Apps area for the last two years. I have a lot of crap. Several months ago I cleaned out about half my books and took them to Half Price Books, a cool used book store in the southwest. If they don't buy 'em, they will give them to local charities, so it's a one-stop shop for old books. Anyway, I am going to store about a third of my remaining books in Houston, another third go to Half Price tomorrow, and the rest will go to Boston. I have also found old checkbooks, floppy disks, etc. and I am rapidly filling trash bags. As much of a pain as this all is, I do love to declutter.

Still no word on housing. We have put in for several places on the immediate and future housing list, but we haven't gotten lucky yet. We are still hoping for on-campus, but it doesn't look good.

Also no word on the laptop purchase option. This is getting kind of irritating, since I had planned to order my laptop a week or two ago. No big deal, really, but delayed gratification has never been one of my strong points.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory