<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Laptop options redux 
Ok, the official HBS laptop deal is now available. I've pretty much accepted that I should go ahead and purchase the HBS deal even though it's probably overkill. In order to make a reasonable difference in price I would have to go down to a 1.4GHz processor and 40GB hard drive, and I don't think it's worth it. However, one question remains: should I get the 3 year Thinkpad Protection extended warranty for $120? It covers accidental damage, including a broken screen, which isn't always covered under the regular warranty. I'm leaning towards buying it, but what do y'all think?

Anyway, here are the laptop specs:
IBM T42 - 1.7 GHz processor, ATI Radeon 9600 64 Mb graphics card, 512 Mb RAM, 60 Gb hard drive, 14.1" SXGA+ display, integrated 802.11 a/b/g & bluetooth wireless, with XP Pro. Price - $1730

Here are the add-ons:
3 Year Thinkpad Protection - $120
3 Year Onsite Repair - $120
Additional 512 Mb RAM - $150
Total Price - $2120

Thoughts?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory