<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 30, 2004

Mediocrity 
We had a nice weekend, it was very relaxing. Friday night was low key, and on Saturday I studied for a while at Starbucks, where I was pleasantly surprised when one of the employees noticed I had finished my coffee and brought me ice water. What good customer service!

Saturday night we went out to dinner with several other couples in North End, home of many great Italian resturants and bakeries. I had lobster ravioli, which was very tasty, and followed it up with a cupcake and a lemon ice from a nearby bakery. I was so satisfied I almost had to loosen my belt. Sunday was another re-charge day where we mostly just lounged around the house. We managed to clean the place and I got a lot of things knocked out that I had been putting off. All in all, a nice weekend.

I am coming to the realization in my Creating Modern Capitalism class that there are a lot of smart people here, and if I'm not careful I will have to settle for mediocrity among them. Although I have been a regular contributor, my comments do not seem to contain that extra bit of insight that can be found in about a third of the comments. I think part of the reason is that my background doesn't lend itself to the discussion the way it will in some other classes, like TOM (Tech. and Ops. Mgmt.). Reading a textbook and then making inferences and coming to conclusions has never been one of my strong points (I was an engineer, remember), so perhaps this is a skill that I will have to work to develop. Anyway, to make a long story short, I think I will have to work hard in order to perform extremely well in class.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory