<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 20, 2004

I now have a social life 
The most obvious change that has taken place in the nearly seven weeks since we arrived in Boston is that we now have a serious social life. Jie and I were not active "going out" people in Houston. We regularly went to Austin and the Lake, but I can probably count the number of bars I visited in Houston on two hands. Did I mention I was there for three years?

Anyway, as I said, all this has changed. There are more activities than I can shake a stick at, and it's starting to make me crazy. (In case you haven't noticed, this is another rant about time management, but I am trying to disguise it since I am behind the curve and other people have already talked about it on their blogs.) Last Friday we went to a section party (actually it was a 2 section party, G & J), where there was a 2 story beer bong outside and that cup-flipping relay race drinking game inside. I felt like I was a freshman in college again, or maybe a senior in high school. There was another section drinking event on Saturday, but one is enough for a weekend for me, so we didn't partake. I know no one reads this for the update on my social life, so I'll attempt to get to a point.

Today after classes were over at 2:30 I had the following things on my to-do list: hear the Yahoo! CEO speak from 3-4, flag football practice from 3:30-5, grocery shopping, go to the library, spend several hours with Jie, prepare two cases for tomorrow. I would say that this is a representative day, many days are busier, some are not quite as bad. At least none of these events involved drinking (it's bad for my case preparation and waking up at 7am). To make a long story short, I'm finding this whole b-school thing to be a little more work than I thought it would be. I'm sure at some point I'll get things under control, when it happens I'll let you know.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory