<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Rough two weeks 
Jie and I are leaving for the airport in just over an hour. This weekend will be great, since we'll be back in Texas, but I think it will just be the start of a manic couple of weeks. We have things to do pretty much non-stop over the weekend, and I don't know when I'll find time to get cases done for Monday. The big events for the weekend are my Grandfather's 80th birthday party Saturday and the Texans game on Sunday. We'll only be able to see the first half, though, because we have to catch a 3:50pm flight. I am going to try to get cases knocked out on the plane each way, but I have a poor track record on flights. Mostly I just sleep.

Next week I have a TOM mid-term on Thursday, which promises to be a challenge. I don't know exactly what it will be like, though, as they haven't released practice questions yet. All during the week we are meeting with our TOM project group because we have a major project due the following Friday, October 15th. On October 14th I have an FRC (accounting) mid-term. That shouldn't be too much of a challenge, except that I have to review everything since I am strong on the concepts and weak on the details.

The reason the tests worry me goes back to the forced curve. Everyone here is really smart, and I'm not sure how hard I have to study in order to excel. Back in undergrad, especially by junior and senior year, it was pretty easy to gauge how much work to put in. With these two exams, though, I have no idea where I stand on the knowledge and test skill continuum. I guess I'll find out. If past history is accurate then I have a tendency to over-prepare in this situation, which equates to not much sleep but an easy exam. We'll see...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory