<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 10, 2004

A plethora of fajitas 
Jie and I hosted a little fajita dinner tonight for some other HBS couples. It was a good time, although I made a serious mis-calculation. I decided I would start cooking the fajitas about 10 minutes after the first person arrived. Well, I did that, but everyone arrived within about 10 minutes of each other, and it took me about an hour to cook all the fajitas we brought back from Houston. We have a huge stockpile of leftovers now, but it's no big deal, they won't go to waste.

It's a lot of work hosting a dinner for 17 people, even if it was as simple as mexican food. Everyone brought a dish or beverage, while we supplied the main course and an appetizer. Jie made homemade pico de gallo, nachos, and sauteed onions, bell peppers, and portabello mushrooms. I made a couple of batches of margaritas in addition to my day job on the grill. It was a very good meal, if I do say so myself.

All this was made possible thanks to the fajita meat we brought back from Texas. We got the premarinated family packs of beef and chicken from HEB. My mom and step-dad were nice enough to get us some dry ice to keep the meat frozen on the plane. The security guard in Houston wanted to search our cooler until we told her what it was and where we were taking it, and then she understood. An honorable mention goes out to our new Gas-Go-Anywhere Grill by Weber. It did a great job cooking 9 pounds of meat, and the $3 propane cannister lasted about 1.5 hours, including the meal from last night.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory