<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 03, 2005

Hectic days of sloth 
This has been about the busiest vacation I can remember. Not for any particular reason, mind you, and I haven't actually accomplished that much, but for some reason it seems like I've been consistently busy.

We spent the first 6 days in Houston with my family, having Christmas with both sets of parents and generally doing the family thing. I also managed to meet with a company that I am interested in there. Then we came up to Austin to spend time with Jie's parents and several of our friends. It's been a really enjoyable time, but behind it all is the ever-present anxiety about my summer internship, and so I haven't been able to 100% enjoy anything.

Starting tomorrow we're going back to Houston for a few days before the Texas Trek on Thursday. I'll be meeting with a couple of companies on my own, then going on the Trek, and then driving to Austin for the Friday portion. After that it's back to Houston on Saturday and back to Boston on Sunday.

It doesn't look like I will be able to blog much at all until perhaps the 14th. Once we get back to Boston we're turning around and heading down to NYC for a few days to meet with a few firms there. That's all still being set up, so if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to get there from Boston or where to stay once there, I'm all ears. I've all but ruled out the Chinatown bus since I will want to get work done both ways, but I'm not sold on the train and airfare is too expensive right now for a one night trip.

Anyway, good luck to all those who are submitting round 2 applications!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory