<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Beautiful Weekend 
We've had the best weather in months the last few days. Sunny, high's in the upper 40's, low 50's, not a cloud in the sky. That's worked great for me, since I've spent the entire time indoors on interview prep. That's ok, it will all be worth it if I can just nail down an internship by the time spring break rolls around. Sitting on a tropical island for five days without a care in the world sounds like the perfect remedy for all this work.

We went and saw In Good Company last night. I thought it was a solid movie, although not quite as good as I thought it would be. I think that's because the ending, while good, was not the cheery, over-happy fare that I'm used to getting from Hollywood. Of course, in some ways that makes it a better movie, so who am I to complain. The movie is about a young corporate MBA type who lands a killer job with a large multinational but who has no personal life. He winds up the boss of a pretty succesful ad exec who has a happy family and honest, productive work life doing something he loves. The interaction between the two is the stuff of LEAD cases, and I think the message is something that would benefit MBA students everywhere. It reminds me of what Warren Buffett said when he was here: follow your passion, work for someone you truly admire, and money and success will follow.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory