<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My Hell Week has officially begun 
Up until now Hell Week has actually been fairly relaxed. Go to interviews, go home and watch TV. Go to second interview of the day, then go home and read for a while. Go to third interview of the day, then go home and play NCAA on the playstation. Not a bad life, aside from the psychological stress of rejection.

Anyway, it now seems that the physically exhausting portion of Hell Week has begun for me. Over the next 8 days I'll be in NYC twice and then in Chicago, and that's only the travel I know of right now. The positive aspect of this is that it's the result of getting second interviews with several firms. I'm still waiting to hear from one of the firms from yesterday (which is surprising, I thought this process was supposed to be quick), and I've got another interview tomorrow morning.

I'm a very monogamous person by nature. I drink one brand of cola, one brand of beer, I always buy the same toothpaste, eat the same candies, and play the same video games. This whole interview process is a direct affront to that core value, and it really bugs me. I mean, I do have priorities and I haven't told companies things that are untrue. At the same time, I wish I could start with my first choice, see how that works out, then move to #2, etc. That way I wouldn't feel like I am sleeping around and trying to figure out where the best opportunity will be. I don't know, I suppose it's the nature of the game, but I still don't like it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory