<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 14, 2005

One word: Playstation 
I've been joking around for a while saying that after I get an offer for the summer my term 2 activities will be summed up by one word: Playstation. Well, that time has finally arrived. I am looking in four primary geographic regions, and have a hierarchy of companies within each region. Once I know how things shake out within each region I'll have to decide where to spend the summer, but that is somewhat independant of the companies themselves. The good news is that the offer came from my top choice in one region, so it clears the picture somewhat and could also very well be my top choice overall. If this is confusing, let me know, and I'll try to do a better job explaining.

On another note, I spent last Friday in NYC at an interview. I had to get up at 4am to catch the 6am shuttle (I actually could have slept another 30 minutes or so and still been on time...), and I barely made it to their offices in time for the start of interviews. The interviews went well enough, until after the last one when I realized that I had left my backpack and coat in the first interview room. D'oh! The interviews ended before 11am, so with a 3:30 flight I decided to look up Paul, the guy from my high school who randomly appeared as a visitor in my section last semester and who is now a round 2 applicant. I met Paul for lunch (my first time at Chipotle: pretty good, but no Freebirds), and then squeezed on the 1:30 flight back to Boston. After getting home I hung out for a while and had a few beers before commencing on my interview thank you e-mails. Big mistake, I accidentally confused two (of four) interviewers and sent one a thank you note describing a different interview. Crap. I still haven't heard back from them, but I'm wondering if he holds it against me. It will be interesting to see... Note how easy it is to be blase about the whole thing after I already have another offer. I spent the entire weekend beating myself up about it. (Update: I guess they weren't impressed with my goofs, no offer from them...)

As things stand, I have another 1st round interview tomorrow, and then a 2nd round interview in Chicago. I'm still waiting to see if I'll get a 2nd round with a firm in Houston, and I've applied for a few more jobs that haven't interviewed yet.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory