<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 28, 2005

The Waiting Game 
It's now been 10 days since I interviewed in Chicago, and I still haven't heard anything back. This is pretty irritating, especially since I'm very interested in the firm and the opportunity. It's not as bad as another story I heard today, at least not yet. This guy went back and forth with a firm because he has a very specific skill set and they weren't sure if they were going to have an opening in 2006 for someone of his background. In the end they didn't extend him an internship offer because they didn't know if they would need anyone like him in 18 months. I object to that line of reasoning on two grounds. First, I think it's extremely short-sighted on their part. Also, to quote Adam Sandler, "This could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!" If they knew it was an issue, why take him that far in the process???

Tomorrow I've got an interview downtown right after class. Unfortunately, it consists of 4, 45 minute interviews, so I won't be out until almost 7. After that I have to go home and pack for my trip to Houston. Needless to say, I'll be a sitting duck should any professors decide to cold-call me on Wednesday.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory