<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 05, 2005

ApplyYourself Snafu 
Like many others, I've been following the current admissions drama at HBS and several other schools who use the ApplyYourself admissions software. Though described by many media outlets as 'hacking,' what they actually did was take advantage of a poorly designed website that wasn't properly secured. This is the most accurate depiction of the event I could find, labeling it "a digital loophole discovered by a computer hacker."

My take on the situation? I never liked AppyYourself, though I thought it was at least as good as the software at Kellogg and Wharton. I'm still surprised that they could allow such a basic security loophole to exist. If I were admissions I would be very careful about how I document the use of the information, as this could certainly wind up in court.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory