<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Internship Prep 
I took advantage of a Finance Club offering and signed up for a 2-day Training the Street modeling seminar. I'm learning a lot about excel, and I highly recommend the Financial Modeling 101 seminar to any other b-schoolers who are looking for modeling experience. However, the course requires 2 10-hour days, which is a lot to ask. I managed to get one case done after the modeling class today, but that leaves two more for tomorrow evening, and it's going to be a struggle. Not to mention that clocks spring-forward tonight, which means the 8:30am kick-off time for the class is actually 7:30.

I also requested that my summer employer send me any materials that they would like me to review before I get down there this summer. This may have been a mistake, as they are putting together a package and I should get it in the next week or so. Still, it will be nice to walk in with some modeling knowledge and a few training DVD's under my belt, so I plan on getting to everything I can.

On a final note, I took advantage of a lull in the class today to clean all of the dead blogs out of my list on Bloglines. So, I'm looking for several replacement blogs. What are the best out there? What can you not live without? This don't have to be MBA blogs, though I enjoy reading about other current student's experiences. Leave me a comment and let me know what your daily must-reads are, if you don't mind! Thanks!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory