Saturday, June 04, 2005

Working Man 
It's funny how I spent my 3 year working career waiting to go back to school, and then spent much of my first year at HBS wishing that I was pulling a paycheck. Now that I am back in the working world, I remember all the reasons why it can be better to be in school.

Work is going well, and I think I will learn a lot this summer. It's a little rough getting up at 5 to be in the office by 6, as is the norm in my group, but I think I'm starting to adapt. It looks like I will spend around 70% of my time working on projects that will form their basis for judging my performance over the summer, and the other 30% of the time will be set aside for me to learn about the business and the firm in order to decide if this is for me.

While all this is going on, I also need to spend some time working on the Career Teams program for next year, as we have to recruit 50 team leaders by September. Sometime in mid-summer we'll get course selection information back in order to be able to re-calibrate our preferences depending on course demand and our summer internship experience.

Today I've got a mountain of errands to run. I'm heading up to Fry's Electronics way in North Houston to scope out the various TV's my parents are looking to buy, as well as picking up a $60 wireless router for $15 for myself. I also just sold my PS2 on ebay, since it didn't work well with the new TV, so I've got to ship that off. I got $110 for it, which I think is pretty good for a three year old unit. Alright, time to get up and get a few things accomplished.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory