<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 27, 2005

2 Things I Like 
Yesterday at Costco Jie and I decided to go out on a limb and get some beef tenderloin steaks.  We’ve tried their regular steaks and pork chops, and I wasn’t really a huge fan of either.  Though inexpensive, the meat tended to be a little tougher than what we could get at our local grocery store, Shaw’s.  The beef tenderloin was only around $11/pound, which is about what a strip steak would go for at Shaw’s, so I thought it was worth trying out.  I’m glad I did, because those steaks may just make the Costco membership worth it all by themselves.  They had about the perfect taste and tenderness, even though I slightly over-seasoned and overcooked them.  I will definitely be buying more.

Watching football is really nice on our new HDTV with the HD/DVR service from Comcast.  Last night we watched the Patriots game and during commercials I paused it and watched the Steelers game as well.  In order to avoid getting hopelessly behind I just watched the actual plays in the Steelers game and fast-forwarded through everything else, but it was still nice to see substantially all of the action of both games.  I really can’t wait for football season to get here.

I read on FMG’s blog today that she’s been working on only 3 hours of sleep recently, which she thought would be good prep for getting back into school.  I honestly don’t know how anyone can do that.  If I don’t get at least 6 hours then I’m pretty much useless, and I can’t go more than 2-3 days in a row without at least 7 hours/night.  That’s one reason I’m really looking forward to this semester, no classes until 10am.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory