<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Procrastination Works! 
It’s been a while since I’ve talked about recruiting, except to say that I was having a lot of trouble making a decision.  Here’s a brief rundown of what happened just to get everyone up to speed: I interviewed with several consulting firms and one operations firm, received a few offers in consulting, but didn’t get an offer from the promising operations job or with my first choice in consulting.

I’ve been waffling back and forth since mid-December between two consulting offers, one in Houston and the other in Chicago.  The deadline for one offer was yesterday, so Jie and I had finally made a decision and I was ready to pull the trigger.  I decided I was going to work on my field study in the afternoon, confirm my decision with Jie, and then call the firm that afternoon to accept.

A funny thing happened before I could make that call.  I was contacted early in the afternoon by the firm that originally rejected me two months ago.  They wanted to let me know that they unexpectedly had a spot open up and they were going to offer it to me, pending Partner approval.  Three hours later, at about the time I originally planned to accept another position, I had a new job offer in hand.  Jie and I talked about it briefly and lo and behold, I’m going to Chicago with my original first choice firm.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory