<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Happy Blogiversary to me! 
What began with the simple words This is the very beginning of my BLOG... has now become a year-old endeavor. It's been a lot of fun to write and keep up my own portion of web space, and I'd like to think that I've added some minuscle amount of value along the way, aside from giving our parents and friends a way to keep up with us.

Over the last year I've decided on a b-school, worked through a strike, spent a month at the lake, driven 1800 miles in a big-ass truck, started business school, and begun looking for a future career. It's been a good year, and I've very much enjoyed writing about it. I think by now most of my friends here at school are aware of my blogging fetish, and several have expressed how valuable they think this will be to me in the future. I already enjoy reading back through old posts, especially as the critical issues of the day now seem so comical and minor in hindsight. I have no doubt that in the next year or two I will look back on the internship search process and think that I was silly for taking it all so seriously and not enjoying things more. Ah well, such is life.

Speaking of internship search, interview invites have been a rollercoaster affair. The first three of my companies that released decisions all granted me interviews, but then the next five firms shot me down. This morning I got another two invites, and it turns out that one of the firms that I thought didn't want me yesterday actually released invites for a different position, so I still have the opportunity to get an interview with them. All things told I am doing about as well as I thought I would, and it looks like my hell week will be rigorous but not quite hellish.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Blogarama - The Blog Directory